|Art der Veranstaltung:||Kongress|
|Ort:||Manchester, Vereinigtes Königreich|
|Datum:||11.09.12 bis 13.09.12|
|Veranstalter:||Association for Learning Technology|
ALT-C 2012 - 19th international conference of the Association for Learning TechnologyThe 19th international conference of the Association for Learning Technology will be held at the University of Manchester, UK, 11-13 September 2012.
The time, effort and money that learners invest in their education need to be matched by commensurate learning experiences, improved use of technology in learning, and effective methods of delivery, all underpinned by sustainable business models. Here are three of the hard questions that we face, both as institutions and as individuals, each centered on the development of knowledge about technology in learning:
How can learning technology better support the core processes of learning, teaching, assessment, recruitment and retention?
What will be the place of open educational resources and other kinds of free, shared, low cost or informal support and organisation in good provision?
How should we respond to learners themselves, who are increasingly voluble in their desire for value for money and for effective use of technology?
The conference themes will be:
* Problem solving – finding effective solutions to technical problems, and using learning technology to solve institutional problems;
* Mainstreaming – applying learning technology on a large scale in pioneering ways that enthuse learners and are welcomed by teachers and administrators;
* Openness and sharing – methods and frameworks for collaboration and sharing of knowledge and resources between practitioners and between providers, and the evidence to justify this;
* Sustainability – of technologies, models, and approaches;
* Entrepreneurialism – moving resources from where they have low yield for learning and for learners to where their yield is higher.